Cheaper Cheese: A win for CRFA members!
Thanks to over a decade of lobbying by CRFA members, Canadian restaurateurs will soon be able to buy Canadian mozzarella cheese for use on pizzas at a special discount. CRFA has negotiated this new cheese price to help offset the discount that frozen pizza manufacturers have enjoyed for many years.
CRFA has been the only business association fighting for fair dairy prices for restaurant owners – this is a great first step!
Read the official announcement (English / French)
Not a CRFA member?
Join CRFA Now! Your support is needed to make sure this 15-month trial program becomes permanent. The more members we have, the stronger our voice on fair dairy prices and other important issues that affect your business.
Click here to join CRFA Today!
Register below to receive additional information by e-mail including
help on obtaining a permit and other tips and tools.
Savings Calculator coming soon!
Here’s what you need to know
- The mozzarella cheese discount is exclusively for restaurant operators
- It applies to mozzarella cheese purchased in block, diced or shredded
- The new category of cheese is scheduled to start June 1st
- The savings will be 5-10% – the exact amount depends on the exact mozzarella composition and costs to processors and distributors for administering the program.
- You must register with the Canadian Dairy Commission to receive the special discount, known as 3D cheese. Register online at www.milkingredients.ca
- CRFA Members: Sign up here to get regular updates on developments with the CDC, processors and distributors of 3d cheese.
- The special discount is currently a 15 month pilot program and CRFA will need the support of all restaurants that prepare pizza to ensure this discount continues.